Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we have to cancel the Blischenko Congress this year because the health of our participants absolutely comes first!
We are planning to hold next congress on April 10, 2021.
Please follow the link to discover basic protective measures against the new coronavirus prepared by WHO https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Best wishes and good health and for you and your families, friends and colleagues!
The Department of International Law, Law Institute, RUDN University (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia) has the honor to invite scholars, practitioners, Ph.D. students, students to participate in the XVIII Annual Blischenko Congress on International law to be held in Moscow on April 10-11, 2020.
The Congress represents a platform for discussing contemporary issues of international law and bears the name of Professor Igor Blischenko, who headed the Department of International Law, RUDN University for 20 years.
The Congress will bring together the heads of departments of international law at leading Russian Universities, foreign and Russian scholars, UN experts and representatives of other international organisations, the representatives of ministries, the Russian Academy of Sciences, non-governmental organisations, mass media and judicial publishing houses.
In December 2018, the United Nations General Assembly adopted the resolution A/RES/73/252 declaring 2020 as the International Year of Plant Health (IYPH). In October 2019 the XVIII Blischenko Congress was included in the International Year of Plant Health official events list (https://www.ippc.int/en/iyph/chronology/xviii-blischenko-congress-on-international-law/).
The work of the Congress will be held in sections focused on the following directions:
- Disasters and international law (in Russian)
- Integration law in the system of international law (in Russian)
- International air law (in Russian)
- International criminal law (in Russian)
- International economic law (in Russian)
- International humanitarian law (in Russian)
- International law of the sea (in Russian)
- International law: new threats and challenges (in Russian)
- International protection of human rights (in Russian)
- International sports law (in Russian)
- International tax law (in Russian)
- Regional protection of human rights (in Russian)
- Theory of international law (in Russian)
The Congress delegates will also have an opportunity to participate in the round tables which will provide platforms for exchange of views on the following topics:
- Africa and international law (in English)
- International Institutional Law. UN 75th Anniversary (in English). April 8-11, 2020.
- International space law (in English). April 11-14, 2020.
- SDGs, Biodiversity and Plant Health: International Legal Aspects (in English). April 8-11, 2020.
- The Global Compacts for migration and on refugees: Achievements and Expectations (in English). April 10-11, 2020.
After the end of the plenary session, a meeting of the heads of departments of international law will take place.
A few days before the start of the Congress, a series of lectures by visiting foreign scholars on the contemporary issues of international law will be organized.
Congress annually brings together more than 500 scholars, practitioners, students and Ph.D. students from more than 50 countries, including the representatives of more than 50 regions of Russia.
The main part of Congress will take place on April 11, 2020, in the RUDN University: 6 Miklukho-Maklaya st., Moscow, Russia. The registration for the Congress will be in the main hall of the University from 9.00 till 10.00. The plenary session will be held in the Assembly hall from 10.00 to 12.00. The sections will be held from 13.00 to 17.00. At 17.10, the closing ceremony of the Congress will start.
It is necessary to fill in an electronic application form until 12.00 (Moscow time) on March 15, 2020 to participate in the Congress. The full papers of the selected authors for publication are expected by 16.00 (Moscow time) March 30, 2020.
The materials of the Congress will be published in e-version with ISBN and Russian Science Citation Index. Only the papers of the authors who made a presentation at the Congress will be published.
For more information and application form follow the link http://intlaw.rudn.ru/en/blischenko-congress/application/. The contact person for the Congress is Denis Gugunskiy (+7 910 477 6419, email@example.com).
The materials of the previous Blischenko Congresses, beginning from 2002, you can find on the website of the The Department of International Law http://intlaw.rudn.ru/blischenko-congress/materials/.